Mother After Mother
Mother after Mother
Reaffirms the overall
Requirements for balance
For that which remains.
Here life depends on Coexistence
With Father star burning.
Fragile Mother, poor! Poor Mother.
What of her children?
What of their homeland?
Mothers Children, look out
See the past drifting away,
Sees future immortality
Manifest machines to travel eternity.
Mother Dreams infinity.
Chris Lane's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mother After Mother by Chris Lane )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Unravelling / Shock, Nathaniel Tarn
- What you feel, gajanan mishra
- The last indulgence, Piyush Dey
- what you do, gajanan mishra
- And get everything, gajanan mishra
- The Workforce, James Tate
- To Join You, Edward Kofi Louis
- The real wasteland, Peter Hall
- Known In This Town, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Veil, Peter Hall