Mother may I?
Mother, may I shoot myself-
The sky with smoke is laden;
May I Mother, may I please-
Oh, but the dirt's so heavy!
Mother, may I turn to bone-
While universes jostle;
May I Mother, make some loam-
Where freedom's tread is broken?
Mother, may we journey far
To where a mind has value;
Where shallow things have followers few,
Not many men will travel.
Patti Masterman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mother may I? by Patti Masterman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Birds, Tony Adah
- come, come to the light, let us all bathe., RIC S. BASTASA
- dignity finally comes in the form of a r.., RIC S. BASTASA
- to live in the kingdom of the clouds, RIC S. BASTASA
- but always remember no one owns it, RIC S. BASTASA
- Diaris Godoooo!, Rex mayor Ubini
- THE OLD MAN HAS FOUND TRUE LOVE AGAIN, RIC S. BASTASA
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -69, Ronjoy Brahma
- Her Beautiful Lies, Swagat Bhattacharjee
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -68, Ronjoy Brahma