Mothers are the ones, who bring us into the world,
Mothers are the ones who teach us right from wrong.
Mothers are there for us when we need her any time, day or night,
To help us feel better.
Mothers are there when we are scared or when we feel alone,
And she is there when we are happy to share in our joy.
Mothers are there for us when we are feeling down,
She helps us feel better.
Mothers are the ones, who love us,
Even when we think no one else does.
She is Always by us anytime, all the time, no matter what
Even if only in our hearts!
By Stuart W. Smeltzer
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
She passed away two years later.
Comments about this poem (Mothers Are by Stuart Smeltzer )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Democracy, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Groove Of A New Sound, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Depths Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 185, John Westlake
- Wash over me., Jessica Amburgey
- Martin Chuzzlewit, douglas scotney
- Love Note 18, Michael P. McParland
- A Rest 2, Michael P. McParland
- Loving Free - Falling, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Poor Child's Born with a Start that'.., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- A explanation, Mariam Abdelghani