Lawrence S. Pertillar
For 'what' do I need you?
You are the one who used me to create,
Your vicious lies and alibis...
To deceive and produce an empathy,
From others given and to you they gave.
For what do I 'need' you?
You were the one to successfully spread,
Rumors and gossip to hypocrites you fed.
With you and them defying to deny,
A truth that existed you attempted to hide.
For what do I need 'you'?
Alone I sacrificed to heal from my ills.
With a getting up off my knees,
To shiver emotionally,
In a fever that left me feeling chilled.
For what do 'I' need YOU?
As someone I can depend?
When you have never been dependable.
As someone who has cheered me on?
When everything I owned,
Including my faith I thought was safe...
But doubts creeping in had that almost gone.
Where were you when my pain and anguish,
I suffered was through?
Were you there to care to show me proof?
For WHAT do I need YOU?
And tell me the truth!
I supplied you with motivation.'
I must admit,
Your lack of actions missed...
Did give me a lot of that,
To achieve my mental and physical fitness.
You do need me? '
I have the strength of an OX.
'That's a lot of BULL.'
I've got it so leave.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Motivation by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Elusive Is Zen, Tad Russell
- Analogy, Angela K Brown
- Anxiety, Angela K Brown
- Searching for Truth, Angela K Brown
- Lesbians, Angela K Brown
- Blood Runs Deep, Angela K Brown
- Innocence, Angela K Brown
- A Hole That Can't Be Filled, Jon Janson
- A Wilted Rose, Angela K Brown
- Hindi Haiku (61-65) हाइकू मंगल, S.D. TIWARI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)