Mourning the Void
In the shadow of shrubs on the marigold dew
You will not be there but I'll smell of you.
In the stilly evening on the moon kissed tree
I will think of you in melancholy.
When the day end shows the evening star
I'll look up and wonder how far you are.
As the sky paints the water with bluish hue
I'll know life won't be same without you.
On nights forlorn bereft you so grim
I'll pine to see you once in my dream.
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mourning the Void by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
Did you read them?
- ANGER, ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Let all people, hasmukh amathalal
- To be successful…, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- This parts all without you, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)