Mr. Musican - Why Didn't I Listen?
Pulled apart at the conductors command.
Ruffled as they began.
Sprang to life in their hands.
A de ja vu so sweetly played.
That note that isn't quite being hit.
The tuba is out of tune.
The piano is drowned out.
His solo is coming up.
Strings streaching and moving with his hand.
That boom that isn't the bass drum.
That twinkle sound that isn't the bells.
No, it is the heavens crying as he plays.
They run for cover as it rains harder.
I stand there listening.
He stands there playing his song.
Brookelyn Walker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mr. Musican - Why Didn't I Listen? by Brookelyn Walker )
- War Undressed, Dilantha Gunawardana
- hope, SALINI NAIR
- Writing Is Like Human Sex, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- To Jean Redpath, mary douglas
- ...A LOVE SONG, Ken e Hall
- The destiny, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Chibok Girls, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- Sab bhar kiya tha..., Azhar Sabri
- Taqraar mohabbat me..., Azhar Sabri