James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
Ms Wynne... Apr 4th,2013
Dear Liberal Premier of Ontario Ms Kathleen Wynne,
Please make death-with-dignity a provincial issue so we too can win,
Because the Ottawa elites seem to be hiding from this matter,
Appointed judges, senators and politicians too involved in chatter.
They told Sue Rodriguez with Lou Gehrig’s disease that she should die,
I never did figure out their logic for this or the reason why,
They have it in Washington and Oregon so why not here?
And you have lots of guts as far as I can see and hear.
Of course this subject and issue is hidden most of the time,
Especially in Ottawa where the establishment feels sublime,
But Pauline, premier of Quebec might have it installed, I hear,
Many seniors, waiting to die, would think of you as endeared.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem