My Beautiful Hard Working Man
Your hands may be rough and calloused,
Yet they touch me with such tenderness
And they feel like velvet in my skin.
Your skin is red from the sun,
And you toil at all hours of the night.
I think of you, my caliopsis man
I pray no harm ever befalls you as you toil into the darkness,
And there is no one in sight.
May your angel always protect you as you work in the shadows on a cold winter night.
Morning comes, I see your beautiful eyes once more
I feel such glee just to see you smile at me
As you stride towards me, I delight in your beauty
Knowing you are safe I hold on to you,
I never want to let you go, I just want you safe in my arms
My beautiful hard working man.
June FeirCruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Beautiful Hard Working Man by June FeirCruz )
- Clocks, fiona sinclair
- Day Tripper, fiona sinclair
- Internet Dating, fiona sinclair
- Precious life it is!, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Family portrait, fiona sinclair
- Post dated appointment, fiona sinclair
- Moody hopes, Chai Amos
- About your mother's face, fiona sinclair
- When The Palmist Said, You Will Have Two.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Slow Burner, fiona sinclair
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)