My Beautiful Hard Working Man
Your hands may be rough and calloused,
Yet they touch me with such tenderness
And they feel like velvet in my skin.
Your skin is red from the sun,
And you toil at all hours of the night.
I think of you, my caliopsis man
I pray no harm ever befalls you as you toil into the darkness,
And there is no one in sight.
May your angel always protect you as you work in the shadows on a cold winter night.
Morning comes, I see your beautiful eyes once more
I feel such glee just to see you smile at me
As you stride towards me, I delight in your beauty
Knowing you are safe I hold on to you,
I never want to let you go, I just want you safe in my arms
My beautiful hard working man.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Beautiful Hard Working Man by June FeirCruz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- OTHER POETS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Overflowing (HAIKU), Shqipe Prence
- Introverter, B.. Alexander
- Can You Blame Me!, Lora Colon
- A SPECIAL LANGUAGE لغة خاصة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ikaw lang, Jesus James Llorico
- SEASONS' PRETTY CLOTHES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Daily Grind, Charles Hice
- Winter (HAIKU), Shqipe Prence
- The Real Robber, Monojit Chatterjee