My Constant Companion
Sometimes, it feels like you’re my only friend in the world,
As, on my lap, you lie fast asleep, contentedly curled.
You really do seem to be the cat that got the cream,
As you lazily lie there, eyes tightly shut, in deep dream.
I rhythmically stroke your lovely soft, jet black fur;
As you lie there, seemingly unaware, and happily purr.
You always seem so immensely happy, and so content.
If only you could realise just how much, to me, you meant.
There’s always space in your stomach, whatever your mood;
You’re always completely ravenous, when it’s time for food.
I really wish that sometimes, I could read your feline mind,
And see how, differently from mine, your thoughts are designed.
When you gaze up at me, with your emerald green eyes,
I can read your face, and see that you are extremely wise.
You always love it, when I make a really big fuss of you.
Your companionship cheers me, when I’m feeling a bit blue.
I remember when you first came, to live with me here.
We were both nervous at first, but now you’re so dear.
It took us quite a while to get used to each other:
You were young, and had not long left your mother.
But, as time went by, our relationship grew and grew,
And, day by day, I fell deeper in love with you.
I feel calmed by your reassuring, but gentle touch.
You’re my constant companion, who I love so much.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Constant Companion by Angela Wybrow )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Emotions Kept Inside, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Yehi Karna Hay to Insan Banata Keyun Hay, Akhtar Jawad
- Golden Dreams, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Wind shall blow, hasmukh amathalal
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Let poetry excel, hasmukh amathalal
- Mama's Black Breast, Ozioma Anieto