I am racing with the devil.
on my bicycle through traffic downtown
on a country road.
i will collide
when a bus runs me down
that moment my soul will leave my body
I will see the impact
brains inside and out
contortions i never thought i could make
shook horror in the eyes of those real life viewers
crying for the boy who was just mangled in traffic
pieces of hair and teeth like fresh roadkill
My soul will witness it all as my limp lifeless body
is taken from the spectacle i will transcend
and When my soul leaves my body
I will be in a garden of a sweet purple lavender.
simple fragrant and eternal...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Death by jerome moore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Turn wet, hasmukh amathalal
- In Finity, douglas scotney
- My Pack, Maverick Jones
- 'Know What Stranger', Shania K. Younce
- Lifetime Purposes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sometimes With It Done To Bring Tears, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Shadows Of A People, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Life is Music, Maverick Jones
- Hospice Volunteer Thank You, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If you are to abandon, gajanan mishra