The television tells me what I should do and to obey.
The church tells me to trade my soul for rules and traditions to act by.
The teachers tell me to listen to shut up, there will be a test you must pass.
put it in black and white,
follow left or right,
good and not bad,
these are your role models
what if there was no dichotomy and you follow your logic?
How about putting your faith elsewhere?
If we don't work for the state we work for conglomerations.
If we are free thinking we get immunization.
The police tell us to clear out, show me your papers, whats in your bag?
this is private property.
makes me believe they all are right in hindering my voice my eyes my ears.. my rights
like my mind was private property AND the police are telling me to vacate
they were right in so far that I chose to obey...
jerome moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (OBEY by jerome moore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- When The Evening Light Comes, Pijush Biswas
- Hindi haiku (56-60), S.D. TIWARI
- Retirement (or) Till Your Last, Natarajan Ramaseshan
- An illicit dream....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The House Across Our Road, Kuda Bondamakara
- sadism, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Call me, I am here, gajanan mishra
- Gibberish, Neela Nath
- Wonderful World, fareha fatima
- COPLA 88 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan