When it's my time to go
I want no sorrowed tears
Lived my life the best I know
And did not waste those years.
I fought my earthly battles
And cried my human pain
And when all the dust settles,
I stand up once again.
Good times were not enough
One does not climb a mountain
And do it by sliding up-
The way was hard but sane.
I never lose my laughter
And love for things of nature
My trials made me stronger
And my losses made me mature.
And hopefully the other side
Will have less of those mountains
A little more of bright rainbows
And more sunshine after the rain.
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Epitaph by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- a ReSoRt 2 rEtoRt and sum copy n paste, sEaN nOrTh
- In Lost Dreams, Lilly Emery
- The Present, Elizabeth Shield
- CRY OF THE GONE, Atimiwoaye Adetunji dayo
- I Wish, Poetry Love
- You Say, Leesaan Robertson
- Mr jekyll and Doctor hyde (advert for a .., lee fones
- Ghar sey chale toh the maikhane ko - Gha.., Talab ...
- Two Thumbs Up And No Head Bowed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I Am A Temple, Elma Burke