So many beautiful words
Make me smile and laugh
As you promise many things
But a thought enters my mind
One I push out again and again
Till it comes crawling back in.
It's so easy for you to say those things
When your so far from me
All the way across the country
Living your wonderful life
While I'm stuck here alone
With only the words you spoke to me.
You say you'll never leave me
You'll love me beyond forever
That I'm your beautiful Angel
They are just words
But words mean nothing anymore
Not after what happened.
I love you, but is this real?
Will you stay forever or will you
Take my heart and shatter it?
Should I tell you how I really feel
And hope you dont use it against me?
Please ease my doubts and fears.
This may sound ridicuolos to you
But this is who I really am
I'd rather you see the real me now
Then me pretending to be who I'm not
Just so I dont get hurt
Or used and abused again.
If you can't handle my hurt and pain
The tears, fears, nightmares, insecurities
Then it's been nice knowing you
This is who I really am, dont you see?
I love you beyond words but I'll sacrafice Us
If you cant accept me for who I am.
Tears fall down my face as I wait
For an answer to my feelings
My heart pounds, my face towards the ground
This was so hard, telling you my true feelings
If you choose to leave, dont say a word
There's the door, goodbye.
The silence stretches on as I wait
For a reply I'm scared to hear
Will you stay or leave? I'm scared
Tell me anything, just dont say you love me
Then rip my heart open as you leave
After you promised to stay.
Karley Kay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Feelings by Karley Kay )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
Poem of the Day
- slowly down the road, animesh sapkota
- Understanding The Bodo Culture, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Each Day With You KP, Michael P. McParland
- Where there is truth and love, gajanan mishra
- Each Day 2, Michael P. McParland
- Dreams to Follow, Peter S. Quinn
- Each Day, Michael P. McParland
- Leprechauns in Pop's Fedora, Donal Mahoney
- Dreamt Of You 4, Michael P. McParland
- Dreamt Of You 3, Michael P. McParland