My Fingers Burn
Time to leave, gather, the caravan moves,
Not in this city, in the fold of arms, embrace.
The view is where the tavern is, so is desire
Of the heart. Like an autumn’s eve, the self devoid;
Season of spring, fragrant flower, and colors are you.
These lonely streets, where my eyes carried, your image
A stranger’s abode, dust of feet, is the treasured home.
We were happy, had we been in a count, in annals,
Had we hosted, but just once, the angel of death.
Grace so descended on yourself, statuesque!
On your footsteps, I grew ambrosia, freesia and Jasmine;
Far, tall, wide and distant, is this you, or a reflection,
Such delusions I espouse, such illusions of an oasis.
My wish to weave pearls of beauty, O praise,
Be a word other than, any human ever disposed.
An art, yet not discovered, a song not sung,
A soul so nourished, a beauty not ever seen.
I hold my palms to my eyes, my fingers burn,
Hath anyone bent the fate, moved the earth and,
Brought down the stars. Aflame are the imaginations,
This night. A cup more, red roses, red wine more.
Sadiqullah Khan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Minumina: by Jose A. Olivares, audiovisual music
Comments about this poem (My Fingers Burn by Sadiqullah Khan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Odia Poem- JHADA, Jitendra seth
- Gratitude, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- My Thoughts, Michael P. McParland
- Impact of snow climate., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My limbs, gajanan mishra
- PARUI POLICE BRUTALITY, Bireswar Halder
- Sacred Kailas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- VIRTUAL POET FRIENDS, Philo Yan
- The Imponderable, Sandra Feldman
- Arousal Of Energy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak