My first Grandchild, Jazmin
When you were born my heart skipped a beat,
You were perfect from you're head to you're feet.
Those huge dark eyes, and silky skin.
A mass of hair,
A beauty beyond compare.
When I held you I lost my breath.
I was so proud.
The happiest person alive.
I was up on a cloud, couldn't sleep that night,
Woke the next morning filled with excitement, delight.
I spun through the day thinking of you.
Every minute, every hour, every way.
It was a different love that is hard to explain,
A deep fast love, like an unstoppable train.
Jazz you gave me such joy.
Those moments so precious.
I still see you in those first minutes of your life.
I still feel you in my heart.
I wrap it in my soul, and treaure the feeling forever.
I love you so very much baby girl.
My love will be forever here.
I hope that someday I will have that moment again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My first Grandchild, Jazmin by Kim Hoolihan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Mending Wall, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- I Want A Foreigner Girl For Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Blackberries / Briars, Frank Avon
- Daru Pikar Naya Varsha Shuru Karne Ka Er.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- It Is Time, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mother's Love, Father's Love, Sister's L.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 52, Frank Avon
- Treasure, M.J. Lemon
- For A Friend... (Prose) ..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Thank you Poets!, Paul Sebastian
- One Mourning In The August of '17, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR