My first Grandchild, Jazmin
When you were born my heart skipped a beat,
You were perfect from you're head to you're feet.
Those huge dark eyes, and silky skin.
A mass of hair,
A beauty beyond compare.
When I held you I lost my breath.
I was so proud.
The happiest person alive.
I was up on a cloud, couldn't sleep that night,
Woke the next morning filled with excitement, delight.
I spun through the day thinking of you.
Every minute, every hour, every way.
It was a different love that is hard to explain,
A deep fast love, like an unstoppable train.
Jazz you gave me such joy.
Those moments so precious.
I still see you in those first minutes of your life.
I still feel you in my heart.
I wrap it in my soul, and treaure the feeling forever.
I love you so very much baby girl.
My love will be forever here.
I hope that someday I will have that moment again.
Kim Hoolihan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My first Grandchild, Jazmin by Kim Hoolihan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Car trouble, manthra har
- My Angel On Earth, Johnny Goyena
- Fore-as the forename, manthra har
- My Wish For You, Johnny Goyena
- Very unique lovecraft!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Whiskey, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Lit Summers Sky, Lilly Emery
- After the Equinox, Francie Lynch
- Who Calls It That You Are Corrupt And Fa.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Holding My Unkempt Beards, Burquawalli A.., Bijay Kant Dubey