My Girl is the one who has always been there,
Holding me through the darkest of times without a care.
She is the one who let me into her generous heart,
The one who gave me enough strength to begin a new start.
My Girl, if only everyone had a girl like this,
The whole world would be at peace and at bliss.
Because my girl is the type to always have me in bed,
Away from trouble, while true love I'm being fed.
My Girl, Oh yeah, I really do love my girl,
She's the one who restored life in my lost world.
She rained upon me entire oceans when I was thirsty;
Quenching the emotional droughts that had me lonely and burning.
My Girl, I was talking to them, but now I'm talking to you,
I'm forever grateful, for pulling me out from a life so cruel.
My Girl, I love you, I really do boo, and I only want to love you,
So please, would you marry me? For my love for you, is nothing but true
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
By Jeffrey Gonell
Comments about this poem (My Girl by Jeffrey Gonell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- दंङ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Internet Poets, Without Pen & Paper & Th.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works, C Jay Caputo
- The CPI(M) Should Not Talk of Himan Rig.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston