My God and Me
It's my Gracious God and me, that is how it's going to be,
As He guides me day to day, walking on life's narrow way,
Not down a path that's broad, that one which sinners laud,
But, that Narrow Way of Life, this, as I follow Jesus Christ.
God's always here with me, on my journey towards eternity,
Shaping me for another time, for His world, that is sublime,
I am not to focus on this earth, as I've received a new birth,
Through His Spirit from above, as He leads me here in love.
From that broad way I refrain, all by the power of His Name,
As God guides me every hour, by His Grace and His Power,
While He leads me all my days, for His Glory and His Praise,
Taking me off of a broad path, that was leading to His wrath.
A path full of Satan's seduction, leading only to Destruction;
In your life and that one ahead, choose Christ's Way instead,
Of man's broader way of life; you shall also be led by Christ,
Who saves us from all our sin, when we choose a life in Him.
And when you do you shall see, that in your life God shall be,
A guide out of the dark of night, to lead you also in His Light,
As God changes your very life, with the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
Taking you down a path to see, that life still ahead in Eternity.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My God and Me by Bob Gotti )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1914 - 1955)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christ: The Light Of The World, Denis Martindale
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- folding my hands, Mandolyn ...
- we never try to smile, Prophmatt . . .
- Compunction, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Strange Random Thoughts For A Fireside C.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Behind Lashes, naida supnet
- Timeless Era Of Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Those Ignorant Steps, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Pen Me Passion, Shania K. Younce
- Curiosity's Appetite, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Why Do Bad Things happen to good people?, Shania K. Younce