My God Is Good To Me
My God my God is so good to me, if only other men could really see.
If only they would open their eyes to see who reigns above the skies.
If they looked they would surely see just how my God watches over me.
My God walks with me everywhere to show me how much He truly cares.
He guides me each and every day as He gently shows me a better way.
Christ died to take away my sin so that I could live my life for Him.
He leads me in the path I trod for my life to glorify The Living God.
If I choose another path to take, my life I know God won’t forsake.
Christ is with me to the end of time, for I am His and He is mine.
Not only is He with me to the end, my Lord even calls me His friend.
He’s not a god far out in space, as He came to show Love and Grace.
And He’s not a god man can’t reach, that is what we’re here to teach.
He is a God from far and wide, and from our God no man can hide.
Neither does He hide His Love, as He sends it down from up above.
And this love to earth that He sends changes the very heart of men.
Men who were lost and deceived, with The Spirit are able to believe.
Christ came with His life to give so we could have New Life to live.
You too can have New Life in Him, no matter how much you’ve sinned.
He’s forgiven all your past behavior and He wants to be your Savior.
Just come to God in Christ’s Name and He’ll be sure to make a change.
The Spirit has no small part, as He lives in every believer’s heart.
It is Christ’s Spirit that lives in me and how God has set me free.
Today accept Christ into your heart and you too can have a new start.
And then my friend you could see just how good my God can truly be.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My God Is Good To Me by Bob Gotti )
- I am Thy Woman O my Protector, Aftab Alam
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #12, Ronjoy Brahma
- Wandering With Affliction, Donald R Charon
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #11, Ronjoy Brahma
- Thoughtful Interlude, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Another Look At Easter, Denis Martindale
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #10, Ronjoy Brahma
- Lost Love Redux, Robert Kane
- When I see u, dipa bhattacharyya
- This Flower, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns