My Heart Is Sad Tonight
I want to love
I want to be loved
I want to cry
I want someone to catch my tears
I want to feel safe
I want someone to make me feel safe
Am I asking too much?
I want a friend
I want someone worthy of being my friend
I want to sleep
I want someone to wake up next to
I NEED a hug
I NEED someone who will hug me, without suffocating me
Do I seem desperate?
I want to talk
I want someone who will listen
I want to walk in the rain
I want someone who isn't afraid to get wet
I want to smile
I want someone to smile for
Is there a secret to all of this?
I just want a loving, friend, who cares about ME and MY heart
I want someone who I can trust, that I can feel content with
I want someone who understands the ins and out AND the ups and downs
I want someone who will cherish me the way I cherish them...
I JUST WANT SOMEONE!
I WANT SOMEONE TO WANT ME!
At this juncture, I don't know if that 'SOMEONE' even exists!
But, I can always DREAM I suppose...
Catherine Hendry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Heart Is Sad Tonight by Catherine Hendry )
- To overcome perversion, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Life and body separable, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 10, ramesh rai
- Beyond my Soul, John Siregar
- Searching Blonde, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Destiny....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 9, ramesh rai
- Our House Is The Mountain Top, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At no cost, hasmukh amathalal
- Overcompensation, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Let Go and Let God (dedicated to my aunt.., Miss Remy
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)