My Heart Is Sad Tonight
I want to love
I want to be loved
I want to cry
I want someone to catch my tears
I want to feel safe
I want someone to make me feel safe
Am I asking too much?
I want a friend
I want someone worthy of being my friend
I want to sleep
I want someone to wake up next to
I NEED a hug
I NEED someone who will hug me, without suffocating me
Do I seem desperate?
I want to talk
I want someone who will listen
I want to walk in the rain
I want someone who isn't afraid to get wet
I want to smile
I want someone to smile for
Is there a secret to all of this?
I just want a loving, friend, who cares about ME and MY heart
I want someone who I can trust, that I can feel content with
I want someone who understands the ins and out AND the ups and downs
I want someone who will cherish me the way I cherish them...
I JUST WANT SOMEONE!
I WANT SOMEONE TO WANT ME!
At this juncture, I don't know if that 'SOMEONE' even exists!
But, I can always DREAM I suppose...
Catherine Hendry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Heart Is Sad Tonight by Catherine Hendry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Gnarly Disposition, Electric Lady
- Dare - Devil Inside, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I'll be missing you, Emma Wilson
- A U G U S T, hasmukh amathalal
- Conquest, Liilia Talts Morrison
- My Circus Tent, Stephen Loomes
- Mute Talking Drum, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- silkworm, Marshall Gass
- you on a continent climbed....., Marshall Gass
- I reached deep into a pocket........., Marshall Gass