Politically Correct Dope...
Addiction doesn’t discriminate …
Given the chance, it will hijack ANYONE!
Yes, it starts out as “simple fun”
Next thing you know, reality hits
Your safe little world comes all undone!
What used to make you laugh, no longer holds your smile
Now it’s tears, sadness and fears running wild
That little voice in your head, now screams
And it is louder than anything!
Blocking out your mothers pleas,
Numbing you from feeling your child’s loving squeeze
It smothers you, snuffing out the flame
That fire of life from behind your eyes,
Blind to everything, except the crushing shame!
Do you understand now?
YOU WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!
Dope steals your love, robs you of all emotion
Dope destroys you, from the inside out and back again!
If I thought there was even the slightest chance, that these words Were not falling upon deaf ears …
I could finish this piece …
Catherine Hendry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Politically Correct Dope... by Catherine Hendry )
- A Bystander, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Leaf of Small Boat, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- Forget Forgive Focus Follow and have Fai.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- I Wrote Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- If You are Sad, Turn the Pages, Hebert Logerie
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov