My Heavy Heart
I have been away for a while, searching my soul and trying to create a different style
but I always go back to my comfort zone, so I guess this is where I belong.
friends - I have gained many- who have supported me in my hours of need
and on their strength, I do feed.
so with a heavy heart, I apologize to one and all, because at times we all do fall.
I have found that as we reach our golden years, we create so many fears
wondering if our checks will be enough when these times have gotten so tough
the younger generation is finding it hard to stay afloat - and they
don't have a raft, or boat.
what can we do? nothing! except try to give hope when there is none left to give
and show them that poetry lives.
'words are life'
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Heavy Heart by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Gnarly Disposition, Electric Lady
- Dare - Devil Inside, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I'll be missing you, Emma Wilson
- A U G U S T, hasmukh amathalal
- Conquest, Liilia Talts Morrison
- My Circus Tent, Stephen Loomes
- Mute Talking Drum, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- silkworm, Marshall Gass
- you on a continent climbed....., Marshall Gass
- I reached deep into a pocket........., Marshall Gass