My Heavy Heart
I have been away for a while, searching my soul and trying to create a different style
but I always go back to my comfort zone, so I guess this is where I belong.
friends - I have gained many- who have supported me in my hours of need
and on their strength, I do feed.
so with a heavy heart, I apologize to one and all, because at times we all do fall.
I have found that as we reach our golden years, we create so many fears
wondering if our checks will be enough when these times have gotten so tough
the younger generation is finding it hard to stay afloat - and they
don't have a raft, or boat.
what can we do? nothing! except try to give hope when there is none left to give
and show them that poetry lives.
'words are life'
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Heavy Heart by louis rams )
- "What manner of Man is this? ".., Royston Allen
- Love in September, Renee Russon
- Sonnet # 529, Luis Estable
- Desire, Deborah Kelley
- DO NOT ASSUME, Donald R Charon
- poisons by s.r 2, skye robertson
- Sailing, Deborah Kelley
- Blessed by the Divine, Deborah Kelley
- Artemis, Deborah Kelley
- poisons by s.r, skye robertson
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)