My Heroes Or Heroines Do Good Deeds Every Day
The general public the legends create
The heroes or heroines we do celebrate
And if you wish to know what constitutes a hero or heroine ask someone other than me
For we all look at life one might say differently.
My heroes by the majority remain as unsung
And my heroes can be ageing, middle aged or young
My heroes or heroines not known in renown
They never do become the toast of the Town.
My heroes or heroines do good deeds every day
For to help others out they go out of their way
They do not do it for ego or honour or pay
Good karma awaits them one can only say.
My heroes or heroines of themselves never boast
And to them others never do drink a toast
For their acts of kindness they only are known
One might say they are in a class of their own.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Heroes Or Heroines Do Good Deeds Every Day by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- gud bye my love, The lonely wanderer
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 77, Ronjoy Brahma
- Ordinary Goddess, GRANT FRASER
- u and I are never alike, The lonely wanderer
- Truth and non-violence, gajanan mishra
- If I Die Young, John Billy Tumapon Yucot
- Not even birds, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 76, Ronjoy Brahma
- I Was About Asking Why, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- How to Listen, Joyce Sutphen