My hopes for you
I hope they understand you cause I felt they never understood me
hope they treat you well cause I felt they always did the things that made my temper swell.
Hope you don’t get distracted from the presences of the lord as there I really hope my soul to dwell
hope your life is not touched by the wrong people and if any attempt I will be there to guide you like a shell
hope when you grow up you would speak positive and the truth you would always tell
hope when you become a gentle man at your woman you wouldn't have to yell
I hope the best for you, I hope that you and I wont just be the father and child but best of friend too, unlike I and my father we would also build a friendship that would keep us close as if we we’re stock by glue.
Jeffrey Omarino's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My hopes for you by Jeffrey Omarino )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- आज आंसू बहाओ - Suffering, yashovardhan kulkarni
- I loved you more than enough.., Rene Perera
- The victory of peace and truth., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Festival for unity(Republic -Day Celebra.., Aftab Alam
- Love Note 5, Michael P. McParland
- Attempts for peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- THE GREAT UNKNOWN - Determined the world, sEaN nOrTh
- A Small Rest 2, Michael P. McParland
- Corrective body for peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- आं थाबायो सिगांजोँ, Ronjoy Brahma