I ask you if you'd be my man and you said I already am
You call me your wife, You gave me a ring, but I don't have your last name
But I love you just the same.
You ask me if I wanted to.And I said yes I do
There's one thing you need to know,
I love you with all my heart and soul.
I pray were together til death do us part.
I'm so happy you chose me, for in my heart you'll always be
We've laughed together. Cry together, And shared our dreams
You ask me if I wanted to.And I said yes I do.
In my heart your my friend, my lover, my soul mate, Your my husband
And there never be another.
I'll always be your wife, Mrs. Shirley Margerum.
shirley hedrick's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MY HUSBAND by shirley hedrick )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda