My inner thoughts...
All this time I've been the fool. Thinking someone like you would ever be interested in me.
Somewhere and somehow I thought there was a chance.
I believed. I had faith.
I thought anything was possible.
Especially when you feel that feeling inside you can't explain.
I'm weak for you and I don't know how to walk away from being frozen.
Such a short time but it felt like a life time together.
Many people advice me to not even try.
Some asked if I regret it all. The effort. The time. The trip.
While I am sad and at given nights cry with mixed emotions.
You're smiling. Happy. At ease.
I used to believe but now I have trouble believing in me.
So I say. Live your best life.
I'm not perfect.
But standing next to you made me feel like my life was complete.
So I kissed you only in my thoughts. (not on the cheek) It felt so real.
Sadly I know as much as I would like us to be. Your thoughts and vision of a love is not within me.
Felix Lugo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My inner thoughts... by Felix Lugo )
- The Book That Stands Alone, Katherine Nordhaus
- ~ Why ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- Nigeria Arise and Save thyself, Henry Isiekwe
- Not a minute or a day too late or soon, Mark Heathcote
- Little makes a lot, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- In For A Penny, In For A Buck, Noah Body
- Shriveled Up Inside A Rose, Is It Poetry
- Meditation, Robert Eckstein
- হে নারী, Md. Ziaul Haque
- অনিন্দ্য সৌন্দর্য তোমার, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(22 March 1941 -)