Bazi alis Subrata Ray
My Journey Through Some British Poets.
My Journey Through Some British Poets. by Ray Subrata
If I start from Shakespeare,
I see love be-fooling Time,
And I return to Avon with no rime.
In Milton, -the catharsis rests,
With relief of smokes from democratic chest.
And the vain glory of fantasy’s best!
Donne introduces love both in body and spirit,
‘Unification of sensibility’ substantiates his merit,
In my intake, Blake seems to be a true poet,
The forms and colors of Soul, -unifies his gate!
Shelly by virtue of his past birth,
Has installed his vision in this earth!
Wordsworth is more a sermon than a primrose,
Disillusion in love and revolution, come in prose.
Coleridge the frenzy incarnate, - haunts my being,
For what we all are, -is the supernatural thing.
Keats for beauty’s quest sends the senses into sleep,
And image wrought, for imaginary thought, he for art, reaped!
Arnold cries in wilderness for a vagabond’s mission,
And thinks Humanization, as the guardian of civilization.
Tennyson gets confused with the incessant striving of his age,
And the born artist in him turned into a spiritual vase.
Browning finds himself, as curator of a zoo,
And records the humor of each animal, as per psychic hue.
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Journey Through Some British Poets. by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
- Silence Seeping, Dylan Attard
- Pag-ibig, Jesus James Llorico
- My World is Falling Apart, Mark Ramirez
- A Long Time Ago at The Honey Hut, Dylan Attard
- 21 (It's Been A While), Dylan Attard
- The Prodigal Son (An Old Tale Revisited), Daniel Brick
- There are people هناك اناس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Don't Believe In Such, Dexsta Ray
- Better tomorrow, hasmukh amathalal
- Lost The Fragrance, ramesh rai
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)