L C Vieira
My Leg Around Yours
You're in meetings in Prague
and I'm here at Jake's table,
our favorite fish house
this side of the border.
I lean close to where you'd sit
next to me, our legs entwined,
I wrap my own around the chair
and think how real you feel.
How close you are,
My daughter asks me what I'm thinking,
secrets spilling from my smile.
I whisper your name
and float on waves, far away -
back into you.
L C Vieira's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Leg Around Yours by L C Vieira )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- there's heaven on the plains and freedom.., Mandolyn ...
- Journey of imaginable stress!, Marshall Gass
- the fishermen on the wharf, Marshall Gass
- In The Market For The Exotic, Terence G. Craddock
- Far Traveller Absorb Exotic Sights, Terence G. Craddock
- the yardstick, Marshall Gass
- Market Traveller Moves Unseen, Terence G. Craddock
- Miss Taken, Marshall Gass
- Shipping Container, Marshall Gass
- Smell the Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz