L C Vieira
My Leg Around Yours
You're in meetings in Prague
and I'm here at Jake's table,
our favorite fish house
this side of the border.
I lean close to where you'd sit
next to me, our legs entwined,
I wrap my own around the chair
and think how real you feel.
How close you are,
My daughter asks me what I'm thinking,
secrets spilling from my smile.
I whisper your name
and float on waves, far away -
back into you.
L C Vieira's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Leg Around Yours by L C Vieira )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Poet And Poem, Ruma Chaudhuri
- My Dream, Kripa Bhardwaj
- Under the Tamaring Tree (St. Patrick's A.., Leonard Dabydeen
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Tantrayana philosophy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.