Abby Dela Cruz
Surrounded by darkness,
I rise from the ashes.
Awaken by your sweet voice.
Opening my eyes into a new beginning.
Hearing what once was my own voice.
Feeling your warm touch.
Seeing the very shape of your face.
Kissing your soft lips.
Tugging on tight into reality,
But the chains of reality has been broken.
Slipping away into a world of imagination,
Caught by The arms of my prince.
Starring into the eyes of a dreamer,
Realizing he is mine forever.
What once was a life full of darkness,
Became brighter as you stepped through the front door.
Pain became my suffering.
And darkness over took me.
But you stitched up my scars,
And you brought the sun to rise.
Abby Dela Cruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Light by Abby Dela Cruz )
- Youth, Yohan Confectioner
- Poetry (cavatina), Gert Strydom
- Flowers trick, hasmukh amathalal
- To a loved one that died, Gert Strydom
- Smooth Finisher, Yohan Confectioner
- Detach, gajanan mishra
- ~Go Back To Sleep~, A Ghost
- SFI Appears To Be Most Agggressive, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do and go on, gajanan mishra
- Hurt, Tshering Chekii
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)