My Little Girl
My little girl has come of age.
She is the joy of life to me,
Clever, kind and thoughtful too.
Others she put before herself,
People of the world she makes her friends.
No difference in sex of mates,
Their sexualities are personal to them.
One summer day my girl was gone,
Needing her life away from home,
Her freedom is a need to her.
Though she calls to say hello,
But gradually her calls reduced.
Sometimes I called, she wasn't there,
Sometimes I called, she had to go.
I'II call you mum, but never did,
Hours gone without her call,
A day or two she hasn't call,
I carried the phone with me for days,
Hoping her call would come at last.
Nuisance mum I couldn't be
I'II sit and wait for her to call.
If she decides not to call at all,
Or decides to keep away,
Like some children sometimes do,
I'll pray God her needs to meet,
And keep her safe in every way.
If she decides to call again,
I'II be there to take the call.
If my girl is late to call,
If the future never comes,
If I've depart the world of sins,
If I've gone beyond the skies,
And my eyes are closed in death,
Before my girl decides to call,
I hope she'll knows that I love her so.
Enitan Onikoyi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Little Girl by Enitan Onikoyi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- All I Want..., Ritika Abigail
- Where is Death? *, C. P. Sharma
- Oh! Palestine, Aminath Neena
- Questions Of The Dark..., Ritika Abigail
- Writing Written Classic Plot Our Lives, Terence G. Craddock
- Stripper Tit, Richard Thripp
- From Eed - aRe yOU. rEaLy. still DrOniNg.., sEaN nOrTh
- A Matter Of Words, Of Muses And Other Ghosts
- Massasauga Saga - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- givesthewholegameaway, sEaN nOrTh