My Little Skeletons
The ants crawl on the dry land awaited a summer thunder storm. They crawl slowly, with those little black cheeks up when they observe the gravy sky. They hope they can role instead of crawl. But they still crawl, slowly, and ponderously.
The ants crawl on the dry land dotted with rain drops. The dirt sprinkles in the air, one wave after another, make them scream out loud, but without a sound. They crawl a little bit faster, with a doom in each one of their tiny skeletons. But they still crawl, bare millions of hopeless thoughts.
The ants drone in the summer thunder storm, like they are born to be droned. They drift in the wet land, with their little cheeks up when they struggle to take the last glimpse of the gravy and promising sky. They sing: life can not be perfect, but death can be, isn't it, isn't it?
Meanwhile, trees are spreading their green tenderness, wordless endeavors are buried beneath the dirt. It is another summer. It is the same old inescapable doomsday.
Or is it?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Little Skeletons by Helena Chang )
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(3rd April 19sixty)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Anonymous
Poem of the Day
- The Game, douglas scotney
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy
- Loss In A Mirror, Naveed Akram
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock
- Nine Views of the Huang Shang, Paul Hartal
- Died Eagle, Nassy Fesharaki
- Calm Days'll Arrive, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Aches Of Mermen, Naveed Akram
- Wash Out, Tina Chan
- Lucid Awake Changing Dreams, Is It Poetry