Everyday i wake,
and see what You make.
The flowers and the trees,
they fill me with such ease.
How could these splendors,
arise from small cinders?
Only You with Your glory,
could write our world's story.
Why do people doubt,
and take a different route?
It's plain for all to see,
You're always there for me.
My Lord, You are so great,
and when i stand before Your gate,
i pray You call my name,
and for my family, do the same.
How i wait to see Your face,
at the end of this long race.
How i wish to see Your smile,
to hear You laughing all the while.
How long must i wait,
to stand at heaven's gate?
Will my friends be there,
or shall the line be bare?
What shall i say,
on that glorious day?
will i even speak?
or my voice, will it be meek?
Until then i'll stay,
and live day by day.
i'll obey Your will,
for You, Jesus, have paid my bill.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Lord by Charles Doades )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- DE-HOLOCAUSTIZE THE SIX MILLION JEWS, alexander opicho
- Pen And Paper, ali chukwuemeka
- Decoy, Aftab Alam
- My plaints, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- The Blind's thought, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Like a snake, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- Time. Us. Stay., Eleonora Bistrianu
- Scuttled away, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Exist. Exist. Exist., Eleonora Bistrianu