My Lord, My Brothren
Our land, our sand, our hand, my Lord,
Goes to election and selection of rulers
My Lord, give us strength to reject
Might of money and muscle of the tempters.
My Lord, keep all criminals away from
Contesting in fray of wild wide elections.
Crazy we are of Liberty stick to
Democrats of some quality in them.
Oh, brethren, why can’t wink at
Dealers dropped in party parachutes?
Why can’t we, elect village leaders
Who live with us entwine among us?
Our vote not to waste but cast in
As soon the Sun beams open the booths.
Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Lord, My Brothren by Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran )
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On The Way Down, Shalom Freedman
- Beyond Beautiful, greg paul
- Winterchill, Richard Provencher
- Jungle of the English Language, Ken e Hall
- I was Dreaming, Oduro Bright Amoh