My Lost Child
I chose my way a long time ago,
That day I lost my child.
I always knew who I was,
Still dreaming that I could be!
I have love to give.
Playing football in the park with my little boy.
Having tea parties on a Sunday afternoon with my little girl.
Watching my little angels grow,
Seeing myself in them,
Catching them when they fall.
To take all their tears and fears away,
Watching them fall in and out of love,
Protecting them from the world.
My child lost out on me,
For I have chosen in my love,
In love I’m protecting my child.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Lost Child by Joseph Tanner )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Are You Okay?, Michael P. McParland
- Are You Mad At Me?, Michael P. McParland
- Anyone But You?, Michael P. McParland
- Another Year, Michael P. McParland
- Another Wish, Michael P. McParland
- Cop Killers and Killer Cops, Is It Poetry
- Another Night (Off To Sleep), Michael P. McParland
- Another Day, Michael P. McParland
- Hands on Hips, Mae AC.
- Hands in Pockets, Mae AC.