My Lost Child
I chose my way a long time ago,
That day I lost my child.
I always knew who I was,
Still dreaming that I could be!
I have love to give.
Playing football in the park with my little boy.
Having tea parties on a Sunday afternoon with my little girl.
Watching my little angels grow,
Seeing myself in them,
Catching them when they fall.
To take all their tears and fears away,
Watching them fall in and out of love,
Protecting them from the world.
My child lost out on me,
For I have chosen in my love,
In love I’m protecting my child.
Joseph Tanner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Lost Child by Joseph Tanner )
- BE LIKE CHEETAH, Aravind Bhargava
- Hell bent, hasmukh amathalal
- Beautiful stranger, Ahmed Tawfik
- Lynda Bellingham worthily and fondly rem.., Stanley Collymore
- From the Summit, Valsa George
- The Future Of Voices, Peter Jay Shippy
- Only few can medicae, hasmukh amathalal
- Corner, Aparna Chatterjee
- Smile, Ahmed Tawfik
- The Chosed One, Peter Jay Shippy
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)