My mother used to tell me money doesnt grow on trees when I was young, to wash up before dinner, and make sure my school work was done before she tucked me in for the nights
my mother used to tell me to not hang out with the wrong people because that would reflect upon my own character. She would tell me to always dream big and keep my head in the clouds because thats the clearest vision, with no one on the path to get in your way.
What my mother never told me, was to give up or stop trying. and I haven't mom, im doing all that i can in this life to just make you proud. I hope I make you proud
Keith Michael's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My mother by Keith Michael )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The One Nobody Wants, Paul Burt
- Beauty Of Another Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Resilience, Skyline's Vermillion Intermi.., Ryan Scales
- strayed desires, Asma Riaz Khan
- Kill me............, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Let me salute you, gajanan mishra
- Life is Beautiful, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Changing Landscapes Of Time, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- should i add this to our Irish stew?, Mandolyn ...
- Reflections, Nero CaroZiv