Strength of a woman
I call her my mum,
She can make my world shine
As bright as the sun.
No daylight between us
No night to be feared,
Her courage, her wisdom
Makes my head clear.
As bright as the stars
That twinkle in her eyes,
She brightens my life
And opens the sky's.
As strong as the wind blows
The whistles in the trees,
I hear those faint whispers
You'll always be here for me.
And like the colours in the rainbow
You brighten up my day,
My mum I'll always love you
Forever in each and every way.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Mum by Nychia Wall )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1753 – 5 December 1784)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1644 - 1694)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Cause And Effect, Charles Bukowski
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- And because Love battles, Pablo Neruda
- I Remember, Anne Sexton
Poem of the Day
- Eliot, Your Modern Hollow Men, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Return of The Romantic, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Point of Submission [Deictic Conclusions], Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Gift, Frank Avon
- Longest Night, Nassy Fesharaki
- Loner, Michael Webb
- As One, Frank Avon
- ETC3, shuvo chakraborty
- SONNET II, Sir Toby Moses
- Tamil on decline, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.