Such a simple thought, sleep is...
Just close your eyes, and a sweet dream awaits.
Lights out, your thougths left whizzing...
For everyone, in dreams, wish to see their fates.
What is it? And what will they be?
Perfect family, a wish, true love...
Or shall a nightmare come to me..?
What happened to my turtle dove..?
The time for the haunting, and the cruel...
Is now; in the nightmare-that's alive..
Who has won the war, who now rules?
And why for life, must I strive..?
Save me! Bring me back to peace....
For this is not my hour, not, my time.
Of the past, help me to release..
A dream, my song...I am the lyrics. You, to be the ryhme.
Be my music, be my dream.
Something sweet to take me away..
You are so much more than you seem.
Just please, take me back to all the good days..
The ones with you.
When the friendship turned to fire...
You're loyal, sweet, and true.
And now, my only desire.
Caught in a nightmare, but you changed it's outcome...
You, made it a living dream. It's you I'll stand beside.
My song, sweet. My dream, heaven. Everyday, a simple, memorizing hum..
Never again to hide.
My music, my sweet, heard in the rain....
My music, which drives my heart to sing..
My music, never to be slain.
My music, throughout the wonderous halls may you ring...
My music, ever flowing...
My music, your harmony the perfect blend.
My music, to follow me, wherever I'm going...
My music, my friend.
My music, my love, do you see all the wishes falling from the sky..?
A thousand stars, cross the rolling blackness, until they fade.
My music, awaken, hum as with you I lie....
My music, so perfect, from whom God has made.
My music, my soul...the dream, my dream, now real.
My music, that sweet, gentle hum..
So perfect, and everything, you have revealed.
My music, our heartbeats, a single drum..
Your harmony....some things, can just never die.
My nightmare, to become a dream...with the sweet music I hear...
Upon you, my music, my sweet, I shall always rely.
Now to sleep...so easy....and with nothing to fear..
To you I give, one last kiss.....
Close your eyes, to sleep we go; in dreams we'll remain in sight....
And with this...
My love, my music; Goodnight..
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Music by Gentry Arnold )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(03 April 1964)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(18 November 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Happy Birthday stranger, ice johnson
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Taking Off Emily Dickinson's Clothes, Billy Collins
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
Poem of the Day
- Woman And Time..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Firmament, Margaret Ann Newcomb
- Petits morceaux, Lubinda Lubinda
- For Edgar Allan Poe With All Gratitude..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- It Takes Tears to..., Rodney R. Cooper
- It Takes Tears, Rodney R. Cooper
- My life, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Don't leave me cozied-up homely, Mark Heathcote
- If You Were Here Today, Serena Blackinton
- Uncle Trevor's Solution, rohan bendre