Such a simple thought, sleep is...
Just close your eyes, and a sweet dream awaits.
Lights out, your thougths left whizzing...
For everyone, in dreams, wish to see their fates.
What is it? And what will they be?
Perfect family, a wish, true love...
Or shall a nightmare come to me..?
What happened to my turtle dove..?
The time for the haunting, and the cruel...
Is now; in the nightmare-that's alive..
Who has won the war, who now rules?
And why for life, must I strive..?
Save me! Bring me back to peace....
For this is not my hour, not, my time.
Of the past, help me to release..
A dream, my song...I am the lyrics. You, to be the ryhme.
Be my music, be my dream.
Something sweet to take me away..
You are so much more than you seem.
Just please, take me back to all the good days..
The ones with you.
When the friendship turned to fire...
You're loyal, sweet, and true.
And now, my only desire.
Caught in a nightmare, but you changed it's outcome...
You, made it a living dream. It's you I'll stand beside.
My song, sweet. My dream, heaven. Everyday, a simple, memorizing hum..
Never again to hide.
My music, my sweet, heard in the rain....
My music, which drives my heart to sing..
My music, never to be slain.
My music, throughout the wonderous halls may you ring...
My music, ever flowing...
My music, your harmony the perfect blend.
My music, to follow me, wherever I'm going...
My music, my friend.
My music, my love, do you see all the wishes falling from the sky..?
A thousand stars, cross the rolling blackness, until they fade.
My music, awaken, hum as with you I lie....
My music, so perfect, from whom God has made.
My music, my soul...the dream, my dream, now real.
My music, that sweet, gentle hum..
So perfect, and everything, you have revealed.
My music, our heartbeats, a single drum..
Your harmony....some things, can just never die.
My nightmare, to become a dream...with the sweet music I hear...
Upon you, my music, my sweet, I shall always rely.
Now to sleep...so easy....and with nothing to fear..
To you I give, one last kiss.....
Close your eyes, to sleep we go; in dreams we'll remain in sight....
And with this...
My love, my music; Goodnight..
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Music by Gentry Arnold )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Tiger, William Blake
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Loss of Innocence, Bijay Kant Dubey
- HUMANKIND, john chizoba vincent
- Sorry, If I Have Hurt Your Feelings, Ext.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Deep Deep Peace, Margaret Moran
- Aflas Ke Basti..., pakeeza rizvi
- WHO REALLY CONTROLS THE WORLD?, john chizoba vincent
- Walking In Clouds, Juan Olivarez
- Of Ancestors From Long Ago, Spiritwind Wood
- If I Told You, Spiritwind Wood
- WHEN ARE YOU COMING HOME, FATHER?, john chizoba vincent