Sallie Marie Tompkins
'My Pencil' 12/8/08
My favorite pencil is a rubber number 2.
Packs at Officemax, Staples, and Walmart,
don't keep me blue.
It loves to draw what I love,
it grows art like a farmer does potato spuds.
It's constantly rubbed by affection,
writing down my life lessons.
It is solid on loose leaf paper with my confessions.
The pencil is my friend,
that births poetry into a reality,
it prevents fatalities, it saves nationalities.
My pencil is my friend that let hopes begin,
so I daily win, when I pick up my resourceful number 2,
that's my favorite pencil, now how about u?
Sallie Marie Tompkins 2008
Sallie Marie Tompkins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('My Pencil' 12/8/08 by Sallie Marie Tompkins )
- Lonely On The Train, Omar Eldamsheety
- Lonely On A Train, Omar Eldamsheety
- Stone, I do admit, gajanan mishra
- O Time, Stop You, It's My Birthday! Let .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Release, Fiona Davidson
- Jacques the Last, John F. McCullagh
- Kaalchakra, The Wheel of Time, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Moon Spoke to Me, Michael Mira
- Sinkin' boat, Aftab Alam
- Alesha the Cat, Steve Kittell
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)