Were You there when, in my darkest hours,
My mind was full of dread?
Were You at my side, through thick and thin,
Though fainter hearts had fled?
Did You wipe away my silent tears,
And hold me till they dried?
And did You lend me Your wise counsel,
When in You I did confide?
When my Faith was at its lowest ebb,
Did You erase all doubt?
And when I couldn't find my way,
Did Your guidance help me out?
When pain and sadness swept me up
In torrents of emotion,
Were Yours the harbour lights I saw
On the crest of a cruel ocean?
Whenever I was at wit's end,
And needed consolation,
You always gave me courage
To fight through my desolation.
Your constancy has always been
My strength, my motivation.
A plan by which to live my life.
Make each day a celebration.
Dear God, to whom I owe much more than I could repay in a thousand lifetimes, I thank you for your never ending Love, and I pledge to you my heart, my soul and every fibre of my being, for now and evermore,
Dawn Ferrett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Prayer by Dawn Ferrett )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Tyranny, Amitava Sur
- Be Near Heaven's Door, Naveed Akram
- On The Brink Of Insanity, Michael Webb
- Just Passing Through, Lora Colon
- Clarified Heart, Naveed Akram
- Walls and Weight and a Wake, Trevor Toews
- Best Friends, Francie Lynch
- This Afternoon, Trevor Toews
- Trash or Treasure, Trevor Toews
- The Ifs Of My Life, Trevor Toews