Were You there when, in my darkest hours,
My mind was full of dread?
Were You at my side, through thick and thin,
Though fainter hearts had fled?
Did You wipe away my silent tears,
And hold me till they dried?
And did You lend me Your wise counsel,
When in You I did confide?
When my Faith was at its lowest ebb,
Did You erase all doubt?
And when I couldn't find my way,
Did Your guidance help me out?
When pain and sadness swept me up
In torrents of emotion,
Were Yours the harbour lights I saw
On the crest of a cruel ocean?
Whenever I was at wit's end,
And needed consolation,
You always gave me courage
To fight through my desolation.
Your constancy has always been
My strength, my motivation.
A plan by which to live my life.
Make each day a celebration.
Dear God, to whom I owe much more than I could repay in a thousand lifetimes, I thank you for your never ending Love, and I pledge to you my heart, my soul and every fibre of my being, for now and evermore,
Dawn Ferrett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Prayer by Dawn Ferrett )
- Like A Gentle Rain, Spiritwind Wood
- The paradox of becoming a Man, Nancy Handabile
- Quran, The Ways of Ascent, Mohja Kahf
- 'My Persuasion' Over 'Her Coyness'., Prabhat Priyadarshi
- rain, Erin Daly
- I Hope, Michael McParland
- Holding Fatima in the Light, Mohja Kahf
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
Edgar Lee Masters
(23 August 1868 – 5 March 1950)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Victor Marie Hugo
(26 February 1802 – 22 May 1885)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)