My rare pet dog
His name is 'Marco' a crossed german shepherd.
I have only two daughters and I loved this rare creature
as my obedient son.
Marco understands everything except talking.
When my daughters go to school
he goes with them to the bus stop
and wait there until a bus comes.
Then come back home and wags his tail
saying they are gone safely.
Oh! what a kind hearted son!
Before I leave the country
I found something like tears in his eyes
and skips his meals.
My wife writes me
when she put my old clothes into the kennel
then he sleeps quietly.
Oh! my dearest son
one day you left us
without saying good bye!
I am sure somebody must have poisoned you.
Who granted this inhuman a soul
instead of giving it to a dog?
(My dear Marco, my heart still laments for you)
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My rare pet dog by nimal dunuhinga )
- A thight rope, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Snake charmers in villages., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Frog in the Well, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- जिउनि दाइरियाव,2012, Ronjoy Brahma
- Prolixity., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Chance, Michael McParland
- Going Home, Douglas McClarty
- I AM THE DRAGON, Philo Yan
- Let us welcome, hasmukh amathalal
- First In My Life, Latha Krishnan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)