Looking down at the floor
seeing the blood stains.
I see the razors lying around
I can't believe who i used to be.
You've changed the way i look at life
It's been twelve years of depression
But who'da thought everything would change
the day i met you.
Though nearly two years ago
and depression still overwhelmed me.
The night we got together
my life changed forever.
I hope to spend my life
with you... the one I truly love.
To ever lose you
would be to lose my life.
Every bad time I went through
you were there for me.
You are the reason I'm still alive
You are my reason for living.
I Love You.
Ben mcelfresh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Reason by Ben mcelfresh )
- Haiku- Anchor, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Luna Plena, Mihaela Pirjol
- I Sink Inside You, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Buddy, Francie Lynch
- Love (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- some thing about you, akash mazumdar
- Shanghai breeze (I), Cigeng Zhang
- thinkings, akash mazumdar
- Momentous Days, Francie Lynch
- Haiku- Riddle, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)