My Red Dirt World
Did you ever see a red dirt road
With a red dirt pond ‘long side?
Brilliant yellow sunflowers
In the grass where burrs might hide?
Oil wells thriving endlessly
White gobs from a cotton patch
Bolls in the patch ready to burst
Sweet blooms like a bird that hatched
All my red dirt rides in the country
Are laced with these wondrous things
They sum up the life I’ve lived so far
Kinda tug at my worn heart strings
Ah yes, such red dirt memories
As I wonder through life’s plan
But I do my best along the way
For I’m just a red dirt man!
Marilyn Lott's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Red Dirt World by Marilyn Lott )
- THEY GOT TIRED, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- MY WAYطريقي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Genes, jeans!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ticking Over, Yvonne Rautenbach
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis
- MY WAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath