Namita D Kaushik(flora goddess of flowers)
What you mean to me,
Is more than I can express.
You see, I had no sister when I was little
To call when I was in distress.
When we first met,
We had no clue,
What was getting ready to happen,
Was not completely out of the blue.
God had a plan,
Throughout all the years,
He was making us for each other,
To share life's smiles and tears.
I never could have imagined,
What a sister's love was about,
Until I met you,
And then I really found out.
A sister's love is unconditional,
It's a love has no end,
A sister's love wants the best for each other,
It's a love that will always defend.
Sometimes we may get mad,
Or we may begin to fight,
But that's the fun part about having a sister,
We both think we're always right!
I'm so glad that I did not have,
A sister in the past,
It's made me much more thankful,
For the sister I have at last.
Namita D Kaushik(flora goddess of flowers)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I always wished to have an elder sister.. And i found that in her only.
She was like a mother, like a lover and a best friend.
I Miss You Di
Comments about this poem (My Sister by Namita D Kaushik(flora goddess of flowers) )
- The one who is blessed by the God is su.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Angel, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Malaria, hasmukh amathalal
- The life we have lived, Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini
- At our will, hasmukh amathalal
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus