Carolyn Ford Witt
There is a stairway
In my mind
Upon my journey-
I sometimes tire
Stop to rest.
I fall back a step
I look upward
As I travel
On my journey.
Upward, I travel,
On that spiraling
Toward a reward.
Our Heavenly Father
So long ago.
Just the twinkling
Of an eye.
A whole lifetime
for you and me.....
Only an instant
author: Carolyn Ford Witt
By Ms. Caroline
© 2006 Ms. Caroline (All rights reserved)
Carolyn Ford Witt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MY STAIRWAY by Carolyn Ford Witt )
- James Brown, Angela K Brown
- Spell, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
- White water-lily, Mark Heathcote
- Dance With Me, Alesia Leach
- Rain, Angela K Brown
- Stay With Me, Angela K Brown
- Grasping Abstract Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Woolen Yarns, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Salving Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)