cheryl davis miller
While driving today I looked up to see
the naked arms of a sycamore tree.
As my eyes beheld the bare arm beauty
a whirlwind of thoughts did occur to me.
Winter now is surely coming
it is headed, straight my way.
Must be grateful and adoring
of this sunny, autumn day.
Too soon my only view shall be
winter's cold and icy sights.
I'll be grabbing extra blankets
just to keep me warm, most nights.
So near the fire I will sit,
hot chocolate in my cup.
Then rise to wipe up snow and mud
that's been tracked in, by my pup.
I love a day when wind and snow
tend to keep my loved ones in.
All safely gathered there with me
this old, clucking Mother hen.
Sheltered safely beneath my wings will be
my chicks near my breast; will seem sweet to me.
A whirlwind of thoughts, with one gaze at the
beautiful naked armed sycamore tree.
cheryl davis miller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Naked Arms by cheryl davis miller )
- Friday Night For The Writer, Patrick van der Loos
- eternal fire, george albot
- Early Winter Morn, Patrick van der Loos
- British, Nassy Fesharaki
- Living in Ambiguity, Arindom Borah
- The Game, Patrick van der Loos
- a.j.b original unedited, Barbara Dixion
- Autobiography, Corey Jones
- Waiting for superman, Barbara Dixion
- It's All For You, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dreamer's Thoughts, Old Teenage Poems
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Old Teenage Poems
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)