cheryl davis miller
While driving today I looked up to see
the naked arms of a sycamore tree.
As my eyes beheld the bare arm beauty
a whirlwind of thoughts did occur to me.
Winter now is surely coming
it is headed, straight my way.
Must be grateful and adoring
of this sunny, autumn day.
Too soon my only view shall be
winter's cold and icy sights.
I'll be grabbing extra blankets
just to keep me warm, most nights.
So near the fire I will sit,
hot chocolate in my cup.
Then rise to wipe up snow and mud
that's been tracked in, by my pup.
I love a day when wind and snow
tend to keep my loved ones in.
All safely gathered there with me
this old, clucking Mother hen.
Sheltered safely beneath my wings will be
my chicks near my breast; will seem sweet to me.
A whirlwind of thoughts, with one gaze at the
beautiful naked armed sycamore tree.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Naked Arms by cheryl davis miller )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Eternity Calls..., John Ugolo Umah
- To live is to, gajanan mishra
- When love fades and tolerance takes over., Lehlogonolo Phora
- In The Arms Of!, John Ugolo Umah
- A Senior Citizen, Pius Didier
- Beclouded, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Why I am taken as toy, noctiluca scintillans
- Let's smile, Nassy Fesharaki
- When I Die A Teacher, Pius Didier
- Family, Kolade Seun