Naughty Neighboring Table.... [Man's wandering eyes; Marriage; Dining out; Personal]
I was sitting at a little table, my mate seated opposite me on a long wall bench,
when in walked and sat two feet from my mate, a long-legged, young blonde wench.
I went about my business of perusing menu, ordering, and beginning meal.
But, darn it, I couldn't help stealing glances of the girl, from her crown down to her heel.
A second young lady came and sat across from the first. Were they a couple?
As the first one raised her water glass to tender lips with a hand smooth and supple......,
I consciously made sure I looked (usually) elsewhere. No staring!
Then the blonde pulled off her sweater, revealing a T-shirt. Was she, a brassiere, wearing?
I don't think my mate noticed my wandering eyes. Subtle I can be.
But I had the sensation of flesh expanding from below my belt line towards my left knee.
Thank goodness for long shirttails, back AND front, and low restaurant lighting.
I'd not want my mate, when I rose from my chair, to make an embarrassing sighting.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Naughty Neighboring Table.... [Man's wandering eyes; Marriage; Dining out; Personal] by Bri Edwards )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(2 September 1850 - 4 November 1895)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 March 1922 - 21 October 1969)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Believe In Yourself, Ronell Warren Alman
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The World Is a Beautiful Place, Lawrence Ferlinghetti
- The Realm of Dreams, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
Poem of the Day
- "க்ரிஸ்து" என்ற ஒரு ஜோதி!, Subbaraman N V
- PIOUS WELCOME TO TWENTY FIFTEEN*, Subbaraman N V
- Pschology 101 (I), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A Dancer's Life, Donald Justice
- What Christmas for Them..........?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- I Know You Are There, Orlando Belo
- Dior-Ets, The Body Mass of Death..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Glimpsing Silverstein's Truth, Merton Lee
- A Christmas Wish of A Lifetime..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Unseen, Self-Empathizing Mirrors, Merton Lee