You and your fiancé on Facebook
Wrapped up in the Irish tricolour,
Waving to us from Mount Everest.
The giant in your dream is calling
To conquer the Himalayan heights,
To climb to the unmelting snows.
Some men went and fell and froze
So close to their destined podium,
To be clasped by the cold oblivion.
Reaching up above and reaching in,
So many ways to give life meaning,
Climbing mountains or meditating.
In the end there's little out of reach,
And the moon is not so far no more;
The soul can leave this tent of ours
And arrive at where it wants to be,
To ascend where it's blinding white
In that world where eternity abides.
Matt Mooney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Nepal by Matt Mooney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- annoying wood pigeon, lee fones
- Really very unique..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- leave me your hands so i can learn how t.., Mandolyn Davidson
- Open Windows, Lilly Emery
- The Captor Paragon, johnny case
- The Melody Of The Wind, Dennis Lange
- Lesbian Bisexuals, Richard Thripp
- MAN WHO WALKED ON WATER, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Love and Tears, Beach Girl
- Till Now, Cheryl Griffith