NEVER NEVER... APRIL 13TH,2013
Nothing on the horizon for the Conservatives to loose sleep,
Could Justin, the drama teacher, make the establishment weep?
If he took up death-with-dignity and binding referendums now,
Could the electorate see the light and finally go wow?
Canadian Liberals under Justin could come back from the dead,
It’s in every paper, day and night, all weekend long, so I read,
If they come up with referendums or death-with-dignity first,
Could that reflect on the Conservatives as if we were cursed?
Or will referendums and DWD be another forgotten saga?
And our politicians continue to show that they’ve all gone gaga,
And the Ottawa establishment continue to rule forever,
And referendums and DWD will be a never never.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (NEVER NEVER... APRIL 13TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- The Village Boy I Love, Maureen Alikor
- Plume, Patricia Spears Jones
- All Are Taken, All Are Gone, Melikhaya Zagagana
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #09, Ronjoy Brahma
- Dinner with the ghost of Lorenzo Thomas, Patricia Spears Jones
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #08, Ronjoy Brahma
- Being a human, gajanan mishra
- Mosquitoes, Rahul Babu
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #07, Ronjoy Brahma
- The pretty back to school الرجوع الجميل .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)