Lawrence S. Pertillar
Never Over-Ruled By Doubt
I am glad today,
I was never over-ruled by doubt.
And made mistakes I did to admit.
For myself to figure out and not to quit.
Many times I fell but got up to walk tall.
So many today have betrayed themselves.
With a seeking for answers from someone else.
To awaken to realize,
Those they followed had a love for dead-ends.
And sought to beat their heads up against brick walls.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Never Over-Ruled By Doubt by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- you remain in my head like an infection, Mandolyn Davidson
- Something nags me!, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- Cosmology, Don Tiedemann
- In Lamplight, Don Tiedemann
- Denouncing Trinity, Richard Thripp
- A Hollow Spaceship, Richard Thripp
- My Worn Heart, Liilia Talts Morrison
- 1912 through 1916, Richard Thripp
- Monarch Butterfly, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Mooch Winnipeg, jerome moore