Lawrence S. Pertillar
Never Over-Ruled By Doubt
I am glad today,
I was never over-ruled by doubt.
And made mistakes I did to admit.
For myself to figure out and not to quit.
Many times I fell but got up to walk tall.
So many today have betrayed themselves.
With a seeking for answers from someone else.
To awaken to realize,
Those they followed had a love for dead-ends.
And sought to beat their heads up against brick walls.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Never Over-Ruled By Doubt by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- The answer is blowin' in the wind, Chenou Liu
- Distance, Mishka Allport
- Petals fall, Nassy Fesharaki
- Photo Thoughts, GRANT FRASER
- Make in India, gajanan mishra
- Respectable, Dean Meredith
- Artists, kassem oude
- दिनैनि गोसोखांथियाव, Ronjoy Brahma
- Make others do, gajanan mishra
- MY FEELINGS FOR YOU, AMADU KAMARA
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)