New Generation Marriage Vows Are Gone
> New generation marriage vows are gone (11/2/11)
This is the first day of your new life
This is the day you chose to be his wife.
You both feel that your love is strong enough
That a marriage you could share
And for each other you would always be there.
A marriage are vows that are made to each other
That you will always “ love one another”.
You say you will love each other until death do you part
Is it what you feel? Is it really in your heart?
The vows of marriage has changed drastically
Marriage is not - what it used to be.
Fear of the unknown has changed the way you think
Six out of ten marriages are now on the brink.
Living common law is now the new rage
They don’t want to feel like they’re
Locked up in a cage.
It’s easy to walk away from a relationship
If there are no vows.
And if there’s any children, they’ll survive somehow.
We don’t need a marriage certificate to
Have a sexual affair.
We can change partners, and different beds we can share.
This is the thinking of the youth of today
All our teachings and values have all gone astray.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (New Generation Marriage Vows Are Gone by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Smell the Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Low Performances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trivial Pursuits, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- "These doodles help me...", Jeff Gangwer
- "In a manner of speaking...", Jeff Gangwer
- "Can I just...? ", Jeff Gangwer
- SLEEPING NIGHT, Egbe Chris
- Doorways / Points of Access, Jeff Gangwer
- "...on the hook", Jeff Gangwer
- Pioneers and Parade Floats, Jeff Gangwer