I was having trouble sleeping the other day.
Couldn't go to sleep when I hit the hay.
So I went to the store and bought a brand new sack
Hoping to relieve the pain in my back.
I was ready for bed but there on the table
Lay a note in red on the big warning label.
‘This mattress is so wonderful you may be forsaken
Once you try it out you may never awaken.'
Wow! , That warning put my brain in a stew
So I stayed awake for hours wondering just what to do.
I figured I shouldn't believe everything that I've read
So I retired that night in my brand new bed.
I ignored that warning and I woke up dead!
George Hunter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (New Mattress by George Hunter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Creation Of Inner Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Death (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Voyage of the Wedding-Guest, Victor Cruickshank
- Irrevocable Friend, nikka mee farillon
- Silent Awakening, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Still Read..... For Sandra Feldman, Michael McParland
- The Great Waters, Victor Cruickshank
- Continually Entering The Present, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- তুমি থাকলে পাশে, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- The AP exams, Victor Cruickshank